Monday, December 23, 2013

In Which I See Christmas For What It Should Be

Dear Family,

Merry Christmas Adam! The day before Christmas Eve :)

This week has been great! We had fantastic lessons with both B and A, and A's progressing so much! I feel so blessed to be working with her and seeing her faith grow, which makes my own faith grow. It's amazing to see them progress!

During this month of December, I’ve started to realize how much I love being a missionary at this time of year! Our message to the members this month has been John 3:16-17. We tell members how Heavenly Father gave us a priceless gift- His Son- and His Son gave us the ultimate gift- the Atonement. Then we talk about some things that we can give Christ for Christmas. It’s funny to hear the kid’s answers (they tell us Jesus would like toys for Christmas). Their hearts are in the right place and it’s so cute to see them want to give Christ things that are important to them!


I love being away from the commercialized aspect of Christmas. I love not worrying about presents or being occupied with Christmas movies or stuff like that (although we’ve been listening to Christmas music for the past 2 months now). It’s amazing to see and feel the Spirit of Christmas, which is so much stronger when you’re a missionary. That doesn’t mean we’re not excited for Christmas day, but there are things that need to be the center of Christmas, like Christ! I’m so grateful I get to experience Christmas as a missionary. It's one of the most amazing experiences.

Have a great Christmas and love you all!

Love
Sister Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment