Monday, June 16, 2014

In Which We Prepare for a Baptism

Dear Family-

This week has been a busy one with preparing for the baptism on Saturday! This is the first baptism I've had the privilege of planning, and I have no idea what I'm doing, but luckily my companion is a pro at planning baptisms. All is set, and we are so excited for Saturday.

We had a really spiritual experience with a less-active this week. He told us that he's turned away missionaries in the past, not always nicely. When we came knocking on his door, he just felt like he needed to let us come back. We have.
every week for the past month, and now he's gaining some of that peace of mind he's been searching for. It's because of the gospel. He bore his testimony to us several times and, for 20 minutes, we just took turns bearing our testimonies to one another. The Spirit was so undeniably there. There was no way we could deny the truth of what we were talking about. Sister Busenbark and I left that lesson higher than cloud 9.

I just cannot express to all of you how much this gospel has changed my life. I've been blessed with the privilege of helping it change others' lives for 18 months- a very short amount of time. Not everybody gets to have this opportunity, and I have no idea why God chose me to be one of His servants, but I am grateful that I have this chance!

Go forth in spreading the gospel! Let it change your life and the lives of those you love.

Love,
Sister Rogerson


No comments:

Post a Comment