Monday, March 31, 2014

In Which I Feel an Earthquake (YIKES)

Dear Family,

Wow this week has been really good! We were able to meet with several less-active members and bring the Spirit into their homes. Sister P installed a ceiling fan in this older woman's house, which made the woman so happy she said she would come to church this week. She didn't end up making it, but that's definitely progress!

The other sister missionaries in our ward had a baptism on Saturday. That was a really cool experience. This woman was so excited to have all her sins washed away, she couldn't wait to get into the font! Her excitement was contagious. She made everyone else so excited about this gospel!

We met with one of our investigators, TK, last night. Both Sister P and I felt like we should go over, and it was definitely the Spirit that prompted us to do so. We were able to testify of the truth of this gospel to TK, and the Spirit was undeniably there in that room. I can't even remember exactly what I said, because it wasn't me who said it.

The Spirit was so strong that I was shaking a little bit after we left. Things are going to be so good! The Lord uses the weak to bring about His divine purposes. Last night I think I realized that more fully.

Other funny things- I broke my bed. Our beds used to be bunk beds, but they were taken apart so they're separate now. The only thing holding my mattress up is these thin planks of wood. I sat on my bed this week and the middle plank snapped. I broke my bed!

I also felt my first earthquake this week. It originally felt like the people upstairs were just jumping alot and making the apartment shake, but then it kept shaking. It was a neat experience, because mostly everyone here in California and just used to earthquakes and are shocked when I tell them I've never felt one before. Can't say that any more!

This week my testimony has grown. I know now more than ever that this is the Lord's work, that the Lord needs us, His people, to do this. Everything that we do is to further the building of the kingdom. Let's do that more vigorously!

Love,
Sister Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment