Monday, April 28, 2014

In Which I Learn How to Deal with Stress

Dear Family-

I'm sorry I've been such a slacker when it comes to writing letters for the blog! I'm trying to be better, I promise!

We picked up a new investigator this week. Her name is Lori, and she has the cutest most adorablest baby ever! L has gone to church a few times in another ward, and has really liked it. She especially likes the church because of the welfare it offers, but we hope to change that mindset once we start teaching her, which will be this week!

My new companion and I have been working great! The more I get to know her, the more I absolutely love her! I didn't know that my heart was capable of loving so many people so much at the same time, but God provides a way!

Something that I've thought a lot about this week has been the Atonement. We are all told that the Atonement was performed on behalf of our sins and mistakes and sorrows, just like Alma tells us in Alma 7, but it also covers other things. Like annoying situations and the stress you feel in every day life. Things that are out of your control, your feelings of helplessness and uncertainty. The Atonement has also taken care of that. Matthew 11:28-30 tells us to lean on Him. We're told to, so we should take it as tough experiences come!

Have a great week!

Love
Sister Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment