Tuesday, December 16, 2014

In Which Transfers Come and Prayer is Powerful

Dear Family,

The news has come in! I'm being transferred from Fontana to Colton a week before Christmas. It will be an exciting time! I'm excited to meet new people and work with those who are ready to hear the gospel, especially during this Christmas season.

We had a really good lesson with D, one of our investigators. We've been working with her for a few months now, and she has never agreed to say the prayer during our lessons. We had a lesson specifically on prayer and how it is how we nurture that relationship with our Heavenly Father. We also talked about Joseph Smith and how it was his vocal prayer that brought the First Vision and thus the whole church came about.

We invited her, again, to pray at the end of the lesson. She shook her head, and we began to testify again that prayer is how we gain truth. I was praying in my heart the whole time that she would accept our invitation. Then D agreed to say the prayer! She offered the most beautiful and heartfelt prayer I've every heard an investigator say. The Spirit came into her home and it was one of the strongest experiences of feeling the Spirit I've had on my mission. Both Sister Hope and I left feeling spiritually uplifted and happy beyond measure.

I just want to testify that prayer is so powerful. It can and does change lives. It changes hearts and brings the Spirit. It is an open line to our Father in Heaven. How lucky are we to have it?? I am so grateful.

Have a great week! Love you all!

Sister Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment