Monday, September 23, 2013

First Area--San Bernardino




Dear Family-

I'm in California now! I've been assigned to work in the San Bernardino area, in the San Bernardino 2nd ward. Everyone seems really nice in that ward and there are 7 missionaries in the ward.

My companion is Sis W, from Layton Utah. She and I are working really well together so far! We haven't been teaching much, because we don't have much to go off of, but we've been meeting members and talking to people on the street. It's really amazing to see how people are using the gospel, and even more amazing to find people on the street who just happen to be members!

                       
My Trainer, Sister W.
We have two other sisters in our apartment- Sis M and Sis S. Sis S was in my zone at the MTC, so it was great to have her with me in our apartment! Sis M is my other half, seriously. She's from Georgia and loves Diet Coke and is everything I am! I'm so blessed to have a great apartment.

The ward I'm in hasn't had sister missionaries for a long time, like 30 years. Everyone's super excited for us to be here. They all keep introducing themselves to us and it's hard to remember everyone, but I'm so happy that they want us here!

I had to bear my testimony in church yesterday, and I told everyone that I was so excited to be there and I couldn't stop smiling. Later, Sis W told me that when I was bearing my testimony everyone in the congregation was smiling too.


The bishop of the ward loves my accent and wants me to do it always. Apparently it's a conversation starter!
We haven't found a lot of investigators this week, because the ward list needed cleaning up, but we found some potentials! I'm hoping and praying that they will be open to what we have to say.

That's all for this week! Love y'all!

Love
Sister Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment