Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week One in the MTC

Dear Family and Friends -


I don't even really know where to being with this week! It's been so hard and so intense and so rewarding. I don't think I've ever felt so many emotions at one time.

So I got into the MTC on Wednesday, and immediately I was taken away and given a lot of new things to remember. All the buildings on east campus look the same. The only way you can identify them is by the different numbers on the buildings. I've definitely gotten lost more than a few times! I still don't feel like I know my way around here.

My companion is Sister Gardner, from Pleasant Grove Utah. I really like her! She's more quiet than I am, but is fine with me being me. Which makes me happy.

                                                                   
My district is really fun! We're all going to Redlands, actually, my whole zone is going to Redlands! We leave next Tuesday at 3 AM. One more week!



This is what the Elders do while the Sisters study.
We do a ton of role plays here. We as missionaries act as investigators, and then we teach our own investigator, who is one of our teachers. My investigator's name is Dan, and it's been sort of difficult getting him to be interested in the Gospel. The point of doing these role plays is to evaluate how we are doing as missionaries. One of my problems is that I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the lessons personal to my investigator. Me and Sis. Gardner have really been working on that.

Last night we met with Dan, and I was stressed and overwhelmed and just prayed to get through this lesson without it being too bad. We went in and started out lesson. About halfway through it, there was an awkward silence, because both me and my companion didn't really know what to say. I just opened my mouth and words came out. They were not my words, but the words of the Spirit. I don't even remember what I said, just that I was surprised that I was saying it. It was pretty amazing.

I really do love the MTC, but it is not easy! My whole day planned out for me. It reminds me a little bit of EFY, except for the fact that it's more intense and harder and more serious. And the Spirit is way strong here. It is definitely the Lord's training school!

It is the Lord's school, but it sort of feels like a prison. A very nice, clean, voluntary prison. On Thursday we were walking past some elders and one of them yelled, "Welcome to prison!" I guess it is prison to some. I know of a few missionaries who are here for 9 weeks! They're learning the harder languages.

I saw Sis. Gallego this week! It was so exciting to see her after all these years.




I also have seen Katelynn Kimbrell around. She's doing really good!

That's all for this week. Love you all!

Sister Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment