Monday, October 7, 2013

Santa Anna Winds Blow Us Around

Dear Family-

 
Interesting week this week. Sis Wall and I had been trying to stop by this one house several times, and we could never catch anyone home. I had decided that they were ignoring us and one night last week, Sis Wall felt like we should stop by. I agreed, but in my heart I was doubting that anyone would answer. Someone totally did answer the door! We made an appointment and were able to meet with her later in the week. She is such an amazing woman with a strong testimony. It was such an amazing teaching moment for me.
 

This week the Santa Anna winds started. These winds are SO strong. They can get up to 90 miles an hour! They come from the mountains, and San Bernardino is in a wind tunnel basically. It sounds like a hurricane! Branches were all over the street, mailboxes were blown down, and flag poles were torn up from the ground. It was really crazy! Sis Wall and I got blown around a few times. It's so funny. We have to be really careful with our skirts!
 

We almost got chased by a dog. We were walking down the street and this big canine dog was on the inside of a fenced yard and all of a sudden he jumped halfway onto the fence and started barking. No joke, this dog almost jumped the fence! He was growling so much and barking. I jumped in the back of the car and cowered like a 5 year old. It was pretty eventful.
 

I hit my month mark this week! I've officially been a missionary for a month.
 

We also helped this woman out this week. Earlier, Sis Wall and I were venting about how we want to do service, but every time we ask, the people say, "Oh no, we'll just get the elders to do it." Later that day we drove by this man and woman who were outside trying to get a canopy out of their tree. It had blown into the tree and gotten tangled from the Santa Anna winds. We stopped and helped them. They rewarded us with Coke :)
 

General Conference was absolutely incredible!! There was so much that was fantastic, but something I really like is "Will I falter or will I finish?"
 

Have a great week!


Love,
Sis Rogerson

No comments:

Post a Comment